Welcome to the San Francisco Orchid Society (SFOS). We are delighted you have decided to join us. SFOS is a non-profit organization composed of individuals and orchid related businesses interested in the culture and appreciation of orchids. It is affiliated with the American Orchid Society (AOS). Membership is open to all.
Join SFOS – Membership Dues and Renewals
How to Apply and Pay
For both new members and renewals, please complete our online member application through Member Planet.
You will need to create a basic account with Member Planet to apply to the SFOS.
This is a new process to simplify tracking of our membership dues payments and roster information, and we now use this online system to send out the monthly newsletter, which is only available electronically.
Membership dues are based on a calendar year.
We expect payment in full on January 1.
If you want help with this new process, we can assist you at the membership table at the monthly SFOS meetings.
If you cannot use the online process, then please go ahead and mail a check with your contact information to:
P.O. Box 27145
San Francisco, CA 94127-0145
- $25/year – Standard Individual Membership includes monthly newsletter by email and attendance at member meetings and events for one person)
- $40/year – Household Membership is for 2 or more members that live together and includes monthly newsletter by email and attendance at member meetings and events for each registered household member)
Membership packages are also available that include pre-paid admission tickets to the Pacific Orchid Exposition (POE) and other items, with or without additional donations to SFOS and the conservation committee:
- $75 – Supporting membership includes two POE weekend passes, and email newsletters.
- $150 – SFOS Patron Membership includes four weekend passes, email newsletters, and one signed copy of A Bay Area Guide to Orchids and their Culture.
- $500 – SFOS Benefactor membership includes four POE Gala OR weekend passes, mention in one of the newsletters, email newsletters, and one signed copy of A Bay Area Guide to Orchids and their Culture.
(Note this level does receive a letter acknowledging this donation from the treasurer/CFO)
- $1000 – Orchid Circle Membership includes four POE Gala night OR weekend passes, mention in one of the newsletters, email newsletters, one signed copy of A Bay Area Guide to Orchids and their Culture, and a one-time donation ($300) to the SFOS Conservation Committee fund, which may support a donation to the Orchid Conservation Alliance towards the purchase of orchid preserve lands.
(Note this level receives a letter acknowledging this donation from the treasurer/CFO)