Golden Gate Park can be a busy place on
the weekends, and to help you with parking and transportation,
we have provided the information below.
There is time-limited parking along John F. Kennedy Dr., Martin
Luther King Jr. Dr. and side streets within the park, but
these streets tend to get crowded and are occasionally closed
- Parking is available at the Music
Concourse Garage, which is open 7:30 a.m.-10 p.m. every
day, and costs $3.50 an hour during the week, $4 an hour
on weekends (bicycle parking is free). The north entrance
is at 10th Ave. and Fulton St. and the south entrance is
at Concourse Dr. and Martin Luther King Dr. inside the park.
- Parking is also available along Lincoln Way, streets near
the park on the south side, at Ocean Beach at John F. Kennedy
Dr. and the Great Highway or at the UCSF Medical Center
Garage at Irving St. near 3rd Ave.
- Parking at Ocean Beach is free and the UCSF Medical Center
Garage costs $3 an hour.
- A Golden
Gate park shuttle takes visitors to and from popular
locations in the park, including these parking structures.
There is also a shuttle that runs between the UCSF medical
center parking and Golden Gate Park.
Muni offers convenient connections to the
park from transit stops throughout the city.
- The N-Judah line is one block away at
9th and Irving
- The 71 bus at the corner of 9th and Lincoln
- The 44 is also at 9th and Lincoln.
- There is also bicycle parking in front
of the Hall of Flowers.