Join us in fostering the culture and cultivation of orchids, and promoting public education about orchids.
How You Can Help:
- Join the SFOS! Your membership fee is tax deductible and helps to support the SFOS’s ongoing efforts to preserve orchids.
- If you are already a member, join or lead a SFOS subcommittee:
- check out the SFOS Conservation Committee to delve into the details of what is being done now, or to champion new efforts.
- work on existing or new orchid education efforts – revamp our existing library and online resource areas to make them more robust and accessible
- help the membership committee recruit new members
- follow and contribute content to our social media pages on Facebook and Instagram
- join the board, run for an officer position (elections are in May)
- Volunteer and help the SFOS prepare for events and fundraisers.
- Donate or help us find sponsors:
- Do you make donations to other non-profits? Consider making one to SFOS, especially if your employer matches donations – you can double it!
- Do you use Amazon.com? Did you know you can setup your account to have Amazon make a donation to SFOS on every purchase at no additional cost to you? Check out the smile.amazon.com program.
- Just ask a board member or committee chair if you have questions